Registration is now open for attendees and presenters. Click the button below to register if you are either attending, presenting an abstract or hosting a workshop.
Call for Abstracts
- Immersive technology in educational technology: These include but are not limited to topics on: artificial intelligence, big data, blockchain technology, and virtual and augmented realities.
- Content creation and curation: These include but are not limited to topics on: open educational resources, micro-learning and storyboarding.
- Learning media design: These include but are not limited to topics on: principles, delivery mechanisms and interactive content.
- Online assessments and proctoring solutions.
- Humanising pedagogies.
- Curriculum design and development.
- Online student performance and retention.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Abstracts of 250-300 words, must be submitted in a Word document by 31 August 2022. Please consult the Abstract Preparation Guidelines before you prepare your abstract.
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 30 September 2022.
Once the abstract is approved, chosen authors must submit the corrected abstract in PDF format by 17 October 2022. All presentations will take place virtually on Blackboard Collaborate.
Presenters will receive an email link 2 days before the symposium. A Blackboard Collaborate Orientation Presentation will take place for presenters on 17 October, 2022 at 10h00 GMT+2 to explain the basic navigation of the platform.
Call for Workshop Proposals
The Fully Online Distance Symposium, is now accepting proposals for workshops to be run during the symposium. Workshops related to this year’s symposium theme will be accepted provided that they actively engage the audience. The workshop must be interactive and not simply a demonstration.
Workshops are 1 – 2 hours long and may include team facilitation and interdisciplinary approaches.
Guideline for Workshop Proposal Submission
Proposals must be submitted by 31 August 2022.
Chosen authors are required to submit a presentation in PDF form. Presentations will take place virtually on Blackboard Collaborate.
Presenters will receive an email link 2 days before the symposium. A Blackboard Collaborate Orientation presentation will take place for Presenters on 17 October, 2022 at 10h00 GMT+2 to explain the basic navigation of the platform.